KNOWLEDGE OF PREVENTIVE MEASURES OF CONTRACEPTIVES USE AMONG WOMEN IN NIGERIA
This paper assessed the knowledge of preventive measures of contraceptives uses among women in Kwara State, Nigeria. A Proportional sampling procedure was used for 378 respondents between the ages of 20-44 in the selected Local Government Areas in Kwara State. The questionnaire was used to collect the data in this study and the demographic variables were analyzed using frequency and percentage distribution, statistics of mean and standard deviation. The hypotheses one were tested with chi-square statistics. Hypotheses two and three sought for differences among the age groups and marital status in their knowledge of preventive measures of contraceptives risks respectively; hence analysis of variance was used to know whether significant differences existed between knowledge and prevention. The result of the findings revealed that knowledge of preventive measures of contraceptives among women in Kwara state is high. On the basis of the findings, it was therefore recommended that health talks about preventive measures of contraceptives risks should be discussed during antenatal and postnatal clinics, women should also consider their health status and understand the risk involved in each method to take preventive measures.
• Daniels K, Mosher WD, & Jones J. (2013 B) National Health Statistics Reports, No. 62 Contraceptive methods women have ever used: the United States, 1982–2010,
• Glei, D. (1999) Measuring contraceptive use patterns among teenage and adult women. Fam Plann Persp.;31:73–80
• Goldin C, Katz L. (2002). "The power of the pill: Oral contraceptives and women’s career and marriage decisions." Journal of Political Economy.;110(4):730–70.
Accessed via private subscription.
• Kerlinger, F. (2000). Introduction to research method in Education. London. University press. 33-39.
• National Health Statistics, (2012). IUD (intrauterine device)". Contraception guide. the intrauterine device, or IUD (sometimes called a coil), 423
• National Population Commission (NPC), (2006). Kwara State, Population by five years age groups and sex.
• Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. (2012). Birth control. Retrieved June 4, from http://www.plannedparenthood.org/healthtopics/birth-control-4211.htm
• Rachel A, (2010). university of nebraska medical center, Omaha, nebraska megan c. mcnamara, MD, MSC, case western reserve university, cleveland, ohio abby l. spencer, md, ms, allegheny general hospital, pittsburgh, pennsylvania am fam physician.vol, 26 no 4 423-446
• Stover j, & Ross j. (2009). How increased contraceptives use has reduced maternal Mortality Child Health.14:687-95.