A RARE CASE STUDY OF MALIGNANT LYMPHOMA OF SUBMANDIBULAR GLAND
Lymphomas are neoplastic diseases of lymph nodes. Lymphoma of the salivary gland is rare accounting for less than 5% of lymphomas overall. Primary malignant lymphomas in the salivary glands are relatively rare. Clinical presentation is not characteristic and the disease is often overlooked resulting in diagnosis and treatment delays.
2. Harris NL. Lymphoid proliferations of the salivary glands. Am J Clin Pathol. 1999; 111(Suppl. 1): S94-S103.
3. Ampil FL, Misra RP. Malignant lymphoma of the salivary gland: case reports and review of the literature. Radiat Med. 1987; 5(1):20-6.
4. Trotti A, Byhardt R, Stetz J, Gwede C, Corn B, Fu K, et al. Common toxicity criteria: version 2.0. an improved reference for grading the acute effects of cancer treatment: impact on radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 47(1):13-47.
5. Urquhart A, Berg R. Hodgkin's and nonHodgkin's lymphoma of the head and neck. Laryngoscope. 2001;111:1565–1569.
6. Vander Waal RI, Huijgens PC, van der Valk P, van der Waal I. Characteristics of 40 primary extranodal non-Hodgkin lymphomas of the oral cavity in perspective of the new WHO classification and the International Prognostic Index. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005; 34:391–3
7. Nadendla LK, Meduri V, Paramkusam G. Imaging characteristics of diffuse large cell extra nodal non-Hodgkin's lymphoma involving the palate and maxillary sinus: a case report. Imaging Sci Dent. 2012;42:111–114. [PMC free article]
8. Newton R, Ferlay J, Beral V, Devesa SS. The epidemiology of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: comparison of nodal and extranodal sites. Int J Cancer. 1997;72:923–930.
9. Teh CS, Chong SY. An unusual presentation of lymphoma of the head and neck region. Med J Malaysia. 2011; 66:264–265.
10.Zagolski O, Dwivedi R, Kazi R, Subramanian S. Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the sino-nasal tract in children. J Cancer Res Ther. 2010;6:5–10.
11.Ioachim HL, Ryan JR, Blaugrund SM. Salivary gland lymph nodes. The site of lymphadenopathies and lymphomas associated with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1988; 112:1224–1228.
12. Aiken AH, Glastonbury C. Imaging Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma in the head and neck. RadiolClin North Am. 2008; 46: 363–378.