IDIOPATHIC MONDOR’S DISEASE: A CASE REPORT
Mondor’s disease is a rare condition characterized by superficial thrombophlebitis of subcutaneous veins of the anterior chest wall. Trauma, infections, cancer and excessive physical activity are some of the predisposing factors. This is a case of a young male who presented with an acute onset right sided chest pain with a tender vertical cord like swelling over the right anterior chest wall and was diagnosed to have Mondor’s disease. However, he did not have any of the usual triggering factors.
2. Öztürk H. Penile Mondor´s disease . Basis Clin Androl 2014;3:24:5.
3. Faucz RA, Hidalgo RT, Faucz RS. Doença de Mondor: achadosma mográficos e ultra-sonográficos. Radiol Bras.2005;38(2):153-155.
4. Khan UD. Mondor disease: a case report and review of the literature. Aesthet Surg J. 2009;29(3):209-212.
5. Alvarez-Garrido H. Garrido-Rios A.A. Sanz-Muñoz C. Miranda-Romero A. Mondor´s disease. Clin Exp Dermatol, 2009;34:753-756.
6. Ichinose A. Fukunaga A. Terashi H. NishigoriC.Tanemura A. Nakajima T. Akishima-FukosawaY. Objetive recognition of vascular lesions in Mondor´s disease by immunehistochemistry. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol, 2008; 22:168-173.
7. Hogan GF. Mondor’s disease. Arch Intern Med, 1964;113(6):881-885.
8. Shousha S, Chun J. Ulcerated Mondor’s disease of the breast. Histopathology, 2008;52(3):395-396.
9. Violi F. Basili S. Artini M. Valesini G. Levrero M. Cordova C. Increased rate of thrombin generation in hepatitis C virus cirrhotic patients. Relationship to venous
thrombosis. J investing Med, 1995; 43:550-554.
10. Yang JH. Lee UH. Jang SJ. Choi JC. Mondor´s disease probably due to herpes zoster. Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol, 2005; 19:774-775.
11. Catania S, Zurrida S, Veronesi P, Galimberti V, Bono A, Pluchinotta A. Mondor’s disease and breast cancer. Cancer, 1992;69(9):2267-2270.
12. Niechajev I. Mondor´s subcutaneous banding after trans axillary breast augmentation: case report and the review of the literature. Aesthetic Plast Surg,
13. Kearon C, Kahn SR, Agnelli G, Goldhaber S, Raskob GE, Comerota AJ, et al. Antithrombotic therapy for venous thromboembolic disease: American College of Chest Physicians evidencebased clinical practice guidelines (8th edition). Chest.2008; 133 (6 Suppl):454S-545S.